Thursday, April 27

The Mother Next Door by Tara Laskowski

 
Hello my lovely readers!

I was in a reading slump much of April, but audiobooks came to the rescue! I listened to this one exclusively on Libby. Let's get into it.

SUMMARY
Teresa has moved back to her college hometown because her husband got a job at the local high school as vice principal.

It's here on the cul-de-sac of Ivy Pines Drive that she encounters the Ivy Five...well the Ivy Four now. What happened to the last member? Why does no one talk about her?

The annual Halloween block party is the pinnacle of the year for this neighborhood and this year's party should be the best yet. But the women, including Teresa begin receiving anonymous messages that threatens to expose the quiet neighborhood's dark past--and the lengths they've gone to hide it.

Secrets begin to seep out and the women realize, Ivy Pines Drive will never be the same.

MY THOUGHTS
This was an entertaining read. It was a middle of the road, average thriller to me. I liked the pacing and the alternating timelines between the characters. The secrets were good too, but Jackie's abandonment fell flat to me. On a scale of A to F, I'd give it a C. Nothing more, nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment