Monday, May 22

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach

 

Hello my lovely readers!

This was a Libby find. This book was right up my alley, but I just wasn't in the right mind space to finish it. It honestly reminded me a lot of All The Living and The Dead, but I actually liked what I read. Let's get into it.

SUMMARY
Cadavers have been involved in science's boldest strides and weirdest undertakings from France's first guillotines to helping solve the mystery of TWA Flight 800.

For every new surgical procedure, cadavers have helped make history. Stiff investigates the strange lives of our bodies postmortem and answers the question: What should we do after we die?
MY THOUGHTS
I just wasn't into this book. I find myself zoning out most of the time. I don't think the book was boring, but I had to put it down because I wasn't mentally with the book, if that makes sense.

It was engaging. It came off as a friendly documentary in book format, but I had to put it down. I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe I'll pick it up later?

No comments:

Post a Comment