Thursday, June 1

The Last Invitation by Darby Kane

 

Hello my lovely readers! 

HAPPY JUNE!

I sat on the waitlist at my library for this book. It was such a let down. Let's get into it.

SUMMARY
The Sophie Foundation meets on the second Tuesday of every month to vote....and then someone dies.

Call it a women's vigilante  group, if you will. Over the last few years, prominent men--a retired diplomat, beloved basketball coach, a CEO--have all died in a series of fluke accidents and shocking suicides.

Jessa Hall jumped at the chance to join this secret club, when she's in her most vulnerable state. But once you're in the group, there's not getting out. Soon she finds she's in over her head and reaches out to her frenemy Gabby, who also happens to be investigating the mysterious death of her ex-husband. The two don't trust each other, but they have to rely on each other to survive and tell the truth.

MY THOUGHTS
It was an OK revenge thriller but....meh. 

It took too long for things to get started and I really thought the Sophie Foundation would have more of a presence throughout the book, based of the synopsis. Average, average, average.

I think I'm going to cool it on the suspense/thriller genre for now. The books I've read don't pack enough punch for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment