Monday, September 2

The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson


Hello my lovely readers!

This was a re-read for me. I've always loved Dorothy Koomson and I hadn't read this in almost a decade, so I thought it'd be good to re-read and determine if I should keep or toss it. Let's get into it!

SYNOPSIS
Tamia Challey is horrified when her husband, Scott, is accused of something terrible – but when she discovers who his accuser is, everything goes into freefall. Backed into a corner and unsure what to think, Tamia is forced to choose who she instinctively believes. But this choice has dire consequences for all concerned, especially when matters take a tragic turn.

Then a stranger arrives in town to sprinkle rose petals in the sea in memory of her lost loved one. This stranger carries with her shocking truths that will change the lives of everyone she meets, and will once again force Tamia to make some devastating choices.
MY THOUGHTS
This book still holds up. I felt like I was part of Tamia's world and I wanted to smack Scott and Bea and empathized with Fleur and Mirabelle.

Dorothy Koomson always knocks it out of the park with her thrillers. Her books are usually huge and long, but the various POVs and back and forth timelines make her books "un-put-downable." I don't think I'll keep this book, just because I'm trying to cull my shelves and only want to keep books that I'm absolutely in love with, but I know this book will go to a good home!


No comments:

Post a Comment