Friday, February 17

The Wild Girls by Phoebe Morgan

 

Hello my lovely readers!

I got through this book pretty quickly thanks to Scribd, but I'm still three books behind schedule of my 100 book reading goal. Oof.

Yes, I am using Scribd (or other audio book alternatives) as a supplement when I'm not able to sit down and physically read a book. I never thought I'd do it, but it's super helpful when I'm trying to meet this goal. However, I'm really against paying for audio books, so.....you know how that goes. 😉

BACKGROUND
Wild Girls by Phoebe Morgan...I picked this up while I was in Los Angeles last summer for a work conference. A college friend and I went to The Last Bookstore in downtown LA before going out to dinner. The bookstore was closing when we got there, but I still managed to get three books and this was one of them.

Let's get into it!





SUMMARY
Four friends get together for a birthday bash in Botswana at a luxury safari lodge. Calling themselves, the "Wild Girls," it's been two years since they last seen each other. Two years since their friendship fell apart after one fateful night.

Grace, Felicity, Alice and Hannah all are living separate lives after growing up together. Grace is a homebody. Alice is a teacher. Hannah has a new baby. Felicity is living a "fabulous" life in the U.S. with her boyfriend.

The four all decide to get together to rekindle their once bomb-proof friendship. However, after arriving, this luxury trip turns into a nightmare.

MY THOUGHTS
This book sounded pretty interesting but was a rollercoaster of a book but was surprisingly pretty bland.

Part I of the book, Felicity is nowhere to be found! The book is divided in chapters, back and forth timelines and from the point of view of each woman. Except Felicity. Odd. Also, with the different POVs only Grace's is in first person, which I also found strange. It was a very jumbled format.

Part II of the book really picked up. It finally introduced Felicity and we got to see WHY the group of friends fell apart on that fateful night. It's crazy what one man can do to women.

Part III with Nathaniel as the primary focus really fell flat...but then picked up with Felicity's shenanigans.

I also don't know why these girls were named the "Wild Girls" when they're weren't wild at all, even in their youth. It actually ended up being a pretty heavy book when you got to the reasoning for why Felicity acts how she does and Nathaniel's past.

Again, it sounded interesting, but it was just too up and down, sad, triggering and bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment