Tuesday, July 18

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

 

Hello my lovely readers!

I finally got onto the Fifty Shades of Grey train a decade after it was released and all the type that followed it! Woof. Cringe. Cringe. Cringe. Let's get into it.

SYNOPSIS
Anastasia Steele is a English literature student interviewing the young entrepreneur Christian Grey as a favor for her sick roommate.

Who she encounters is a man who is intimidating, handsome and brilliant. The shy and timid Ana is desperate to get close to him and Christian is unable to resist her quiet beauty and wit....but he wants her own his own terms.

Christian is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian's secrets and questions if she's willing to go on this dark path with him.

MY THOUGHTS
I watched the movies first before reading this book. It was on when I was in Las Vegas for a work conference last year, but then a few months ago I watched all three movies in their entirety at home.

The whole time I watched the first movie, I wondered...Where is this movie going? Is she going to sign this contract or not? I could not believe the entire movie was about whether or not she'd sign a contract. I'd figured since I'd invested so much time into the first movie, I need to see how the rest of this trilogy plays out. Lame. It's the only way I can describe it.

I was curious about the books afterwards. Surely, the books aren't as bad as the movie right? Wrong!

This book reads like fan fiction. Apparently, I'm not far off the mark because it was a sexual fantasy of a virgin Twilight fan. There was no real character development, no plot, repetitive phrases GALORE, just the epitome of fan fiction.

If I had to read Holy crap, I bit/bite my lip, Oh no, Damn you, Kate!, I'm with Christian Grey once more, I'd throw the book across the room....which I actually did. I DNF'd 60 percent in. I have never cringed or rolled my eyes while reading a book so much. I finally had to put this book out to pasture and put myself out of my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment