Friday, July 14

Just the Nicest Couple by Mary Kubica

 
Hello my lovely readers!

This book was just...meh. Not much of a review to come, but let's get into it!

SYNOPSIS
Jake Hayes is missing. At first, his wife, Nina, thinks his blowing off steam after a their heated fight the night before. But then five days pass and Jake's nowhere to be found.

Lily is Nina's friend and coworker and thinks she may have been the last person to see Jake before he went missing. After she confesses what happened to her husband, Christian, the two decide that no one can ever find out what happened leading up to Jake's disappearance, especially Nina.

But Nina will stop at nothing to find her husband and the truth of what happened.
MY THOUGHTS
Meh. That's all I can say for this novel. It neither thrilled me or made me hate it...it was just kind of there. I wasn't surprised by the reveal of the killer. I actually kind of suspected it.

I was hoping the couples would be more intertwined than how they were. Right off the bat, Christian says they hadn't hung out in six months. Honestly, it was dull. That's the word I'm looking for. Dull. This really needs to be my sign off from thrillers. I can't take another dull or bad thriller from any author!

No comments:

Post a Comment