Monday, July 3

Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune

 

Hello my lovely readers!

This book had such a promising premise...but I ended up DNFing. Let's get into it.

SUMMARY 
Wallace is dead and the grim reaper is ready to collect.

But Wallace is not ready to abandon the life he barely lived, so he's given one week to cross over with Hugo, a tea shop owner, by his side to help. Wallace sets about living a lifetime within this week and he learns more about life than he ever imagined.
MY THOUGHTS
This book was too juvenile for my liking. These characters are supposed to be adults with jobs and homes, but the writing made it feel like I was reading a young adult novel...and that is definitely not a compliment.

Unfortunately, I had to DNF quite early. I tried to push through, but life is too short to read books you don't like or have to force yourself to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment